Monday, March 23

Card Patterns Sketch # 7

This week I am not very happy with the card I made. I was making others to pick "the best one." However, the others went too far away from the sketch and then the card making session was halted by a rather unfortunate accident that wasn't very paper friendly - in the form of a child's drink going everywhere and getting on/into everything I had on the table... OOPS.
So since this is the first one I made and the only one true to the sketch, here is what we have for this week:


The acrylic jewels are by The Beadery, and all of the paper (even the card itself) came from a Punch-Out Pack: Jewel by Colorbok that probably came from Joann's - I'm not sure on that because it was a Christmas present a couple of years ago...
Anyway, I wanted to see what I could do using only the paper, some cutters - no shape makers ;^), and adhesive, and I cheated and used the jewels. I think I may try this one again so get a card I like better... Happy Card-Making!
And better luck to me for next week ;^)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This card is cute!!! You know, you shouldn't feel bad when your card ends up a little different from the sketch - it's only intended as inpiration. Of course, it's fun to see literal translations (exact) of the sketches, but it's also refreshing to see where a sketch can take you!!! Sorry about the spilled drink - hopefully nothing got ruined!!!

whoistracy said...

What a cute card Jennifer! I hope your projects weren't ruined with the spill. I hate when that happens. So glad you could join us.

Wendy said...

what a nice card you made from the cp sketch

Wendy

Jen plus 6 said...

Thanks!

And we were able to slavage most of it... Once I get pictures done of the other cards I'll post them as a comparison ;^)

Sonya said...

Such a sweet card Jennifer! Love your design and sparkles.