Friday, June 19

2 more...

2 more books down... and a few more to go - I still have to find a way to get copies of some of them into my hands, but I'm working on it!

I had originally posted that I was going to read Poisoned Pedigree, but the gal I was borrowing it from had remembered the wrong title and it turned out to be Of Deadly Descent that I read by G.G. Vandagriff.

~ Alexandra Campbell's father has been killed and left behind a sizable estate, that may not belong to her and her mother. So she takes a trip to France that leads her to England while looking for evidence of a cousin who was lost during World War I. She finds that he didn't die and she may actually have relatives who are the rightful owners of the inheritance...
This book is intense! I got to a point in reading where I thought I knew who had done it! But then the book convinced me that I was wrong and it was driving me crazy trying to figure it out. Then I was surprised at the end to find out I had been right... like I said, this book was intense.


I was also delighted to be able to read Code of Honor by Betsy Brannon Green.
Warning, this has a spoiler... so if you haven't read it yet.. stop here!


At the end of Above and Beyond I started to wonder and I was just seconds away from writing Betsy to ask if I was right or not, but managed to contain my curiosity and wait for the book... and my suspicions turned out to be correct! I had thought it a bit odd how much Savannah and Rosemary looked alike when their hair colors were the same and started thinking that maybe they were related and I was wondering why it seemed like Mario was really after Savannah herself... and I wondered - is he her father? And it's true he is! How crazy is that?
This book is not what I expected, but we get to see the characters switch roles and switch back and turn us around and back again... it was fun.
I really enjoyed this one and I hope that these characters appear again somewhere in future books... the only thing I would have changed is adding in one more heart-stopping kiss for Dane and Savannah somewhere in the last couple of pages ;^)

1 comment:

LDS_Publisher said...

Good reviews. Although you may want to warn readers that you have a spoiler for Code of Honor. :)