Monday, April 13

CP Sketch # 10

The sketch this week, and Marie's take on the sketch gave me the idea to do this:

Front of card

Inside of card
I started out with a piece of blue "marbled" cs and cut it down to make the card and left the front edge a half inch shorter than the back. Then I cut out the oval window and frame and used a SU! Background Basics set to make the butterfly background with Brilliant Blue classic ink (SU!) on the blue cs and a VersaMark stamp pad on the brown cs - which you can't really see in the picture, but it's there on the brown frame and brown background, but not on the smaller ovals... any Brilliant blue cs is also plain/no stamps...
I used a CM Mini circle maker to punch the circles after I'd stamped them, and I put it all together with the cute little flowers.

It was a lot of fun to put together!

Supplies:
From SU! - Brilliant Blue Classic Ink & CS
CM - Mini Circle Maker & Oval, blades and cutting mat.
Marbled blue cs, and light brown cs
Flowers from Wal-Mart

5 comments:

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Great job with the sketch.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

whoistracy said...

Jennifer this is beautiful! I love the window you made. This would work well for a masculine card I think.

So glad you could join us.

Karen said...

I love it! Now I understand what you were trying to describe over the phone.

Anonymous said...

Love how you made it a window card, Jennifer!! Way to go with all of the great cards you've been making with the CP sketches - thanks for playing along with us!!! Love this one too!! :)

Martha said...

Love your take on this weeks sketch!!! Great card :)